Big thanks to this Reddit post for helping me get Synology notifications working easily through Pushover. I wanted to share their post and preserve it here for future reference.
In DSM 7 we can set up a custom webhook to trigger pushover. Once you have a Pushover account and have created a new app, navigate to DSM and follow the instructions below:
- Open the Control Panel and then click Notification.
- Select the Push Service tab, at the very bottom (you may need to scroll down) click Manage Webhooks.
- Click Add, then choose Custom.
- Type “Pushover” as the provider name, tweak the subject if you’d like, and then copy and paste
https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.jsonas the webhook URL. Be sure to select POST, then click Next.
- For our HTTP request header, leave
application/json(or add it if not included by default) then click Next.
- For our HTTP request body, add these three fields:
token- set this to the Pushover application token you created earlier
user- set this to your Pushover user key
message- On the next page we will select a value to apply to this field dynamically, so anything like “Hello World” will work for now.
- Continue to the next page. Make sure the
userparameters have “Other” selected for the category. For the
messageparameter, change the category to “Message Content”.
- Click Apply to finish creating the webhook. Now you should be able to select the Pushover webhook and click Send Test Message to make sure everything is working.